“Medical excellence and human expertise are very important to us. Nearly 20 years of experience as a vascular surgeon enable me to provide optimal care for my patients. The long-standing professional cooperation of our team also guarantees you an optimum of quality and continuity in preparation, treatment and follow-up.”
Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Ockert
Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Ockert is a highly experienced specialist in vascular surgery with a focus on the treatment of the main artery (aorta), the carotid artery and hybrid interventions in the pelvic leg area. His training as a surgeon was carried out at the University Hospital Mannheim. In 2003 he began further training to become a vascular surgeon at the renowned Clinic for Vascular Surgery at the University of Heidelberg under Prof. J. R. Allenberg.
Subsequently, Prof. Ockert worked as a senior physician at Klinikum rechts der Isar under Prof. H. H. Eckstein, finally becoming his deputy as well as deputy medical director. Prof. Ockert is a founding member of the Munich Centre for Aortic Diseases (in cooperation with the department of vascular surgery at Klinikum rechts der Isar, the Technical University of Munich and the German Heart Centre Munich).
In 2012, Prof. Ockert moved to Switzerland to begin work as deputy head physician and co-head physician at the Lucerne Cantonal Hospital. There, he expanded the endovascular aortic surgery and introduced new endovascular treatments. For many years, Prof. Ockert has regularly participated in national and international congresses as a speaker at scientific lectures and as a tutor at Vascular International training courses. He is also the author of a large number of international scientific articles. Prof. Ockert is regularly involved in student research and teaching and has been Professor of Vascular Surgery at the Technical University of Munich since 2018. In addition, Prof. Ockert is a scientific advisory board member and associate editor of the journal “Gefässchirurgie” (“Vascular Surgery”).
- Specialist Vascular Surgery FMH
- Endovascular Specialist DGG
- Specialist for Surgery FMH
- Endovascular Surgeon DGG
- Surgery of the extended main artery (aorta): endovascular (stent prostheses: EVAR/TEVAR/FEVAR) and conventional (open surgical)
- Treatment and prevention of stroke through thromboendarterectomy of the carotid artery (carotid TEA)
- Hybrid operations (combination interventions) in the pelvic leg area (thromboendarterectomy of the femoral artery/femoral TEA + pelvis stent implantation)
- Peripheral bypass surgery (femoral-popliteal/femoral-crural) for the treatment of intermittent claudication and the treatment of critical ischemia
- Conventional open and endovascular elimination of peripheral vasodilation (iliac and popliteal aneurysms)
- Conventional open and endovascular treatment of occlusion of the aorta (Leriche syndrome) and the internal organ arteries (renal arteries/intestinal artery)
- Hybrid operations (combination interventions) of the aorta with the supraaortic or visceral arteries