“Our goal is to provide you with the best possible individual advice and treatment. We take our time and make sure that you are professionally cared for and feel completely well. Collegial interaction and contact with other specialists and referring physicians are also very important to us.”
Dr. med. Jan Duwe
Dr. med. Jan Duwe is a specialist in vascular surgery with a focus on both endovascular and open surgical treatment of pelvic and leg arteries. He specializes in the treatment of diseases of the veins, especially varicose veins and the relapse thereof. In addition, Dr. med. Jan Duwe specializes in the creation of individual access for dialysis patients (arteriovenous fistula or shunt system, such as catheter implantation).
After studying medicine at the Charité of Humboldt University in Berlin, Dr. med. Jan Duwe attained a doctorate with experimental clinical work on the in vitro coating of vascular prostheses with human endothelial cells. For this dissertation, he received the Robert Koch Prize from the Charité in 1999.
Dr. med. Jan Duwe began his training in cardiac surgery at the Charité of Humboldt University in Berlin. He has lived and worked in Switzerland since 1999 and holds Swiss citizenship. He completed his training as an FMH specialist in surgery and vascular surgery (incl. a certificate of achievement in phlebology and endovenous thermal ablation of saphenous veins) at the Clinic for Cardiac and Vascular Surgery with Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. T. Carrel and Prof. Dr. med. J. Schmidli at the Inselspital hospital in Bern and as a senior physician at the surgical clinics of the cantonal hospitals in Liestal and Schaffhausen. From 2008 to 2019 he worked as a vascular surgeon at the Lucerne Cantonal Hospital and from 2016 to 2019 he was a senior physician. He became a Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery (FEBVS) in 2013.
- Specialist Vascular Surgery FMH
- Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery (FEBVS)
- Specialist for Surgery FMH
- Phlebology Certificate of Excellence (USGG)
- Certificate of Achievement in Endovenous Thermal Ablation of Saphenous Veins (USGG)
- Peripheral bypass surgery (femoral-popliteal/femoral-crural) for the treatment of intermittent claudication and the treatment of critical ischemia
- Conventional open and endovascular elimination of peripheral vasodilation (iliac and popliteal aneurysms)
- Conventional open and endovascular treatment of diseases of the aorta (main artery) in vasodilation (aneurysms) or occlusions
- Hybrid operations in the pelvic leg area (thromboendarterectomy of the femoral artery + stent implantation)
- The entire spectrum of treatment of varicose veins: from classical surgery to endoluminal, minimally invasive sclerotherapy procedures (laser or radiofrequency ablation), especially for relapse situations (after initial treatment) and treatment of chronic congestion wounds (open leg, ulcers)
- Sclerotherapy of varicose veins (in combination with varicose treatment or as an individual treatment)
- Implantation, care and revision of dialysis access (arteriovenous fistula and arteriovenous shunt), as well as implantation of vascular catheters